1400 Troy Road, Collinsville, Illinois 62234
Bible Study 9:30 AM
Worship 10:30 AM
Worship 1:30 PM
Bible Study 1:30 PM
Bible Study 7:00 PM
What is a church? Or for that matter, what is a church of Christ? A concise answer as written in the Bible is, a church belonging to Jesus the Christ. After all, Jesus said, "...I will build my church" (Matthew 16:18). The church of Christ then, is a church that belongs to Christ, a church that was built by Christ. But what does a church of Christ look like? Come and see.
We are: A 21st Century church following God's first century pattern in worship. Proclaiming the Good News and caring through local evangelism and supporting national and international missions in places such as China, Malaysia, Philippines, Russia, Singapore, and Vietnam.
We worship God in the simple manner of the New Testament scriptures. We worship because, "... true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth; for the Father is seeking such to worship Him" (Jesus, John 4:23).
We are Christians: ...the disciples were first called Christians in Antioch (Acts 11:26).
Come join us, for worship to God
Just off Interstate 55/70 at Exit 17 in Troy, Ilinois, is a nondenominational congregation of Christians who base their worship, service, and life on the principles found in the Holy Bible. We follow no creed but Christ, no manual but the Bible, and no spiritual authority but God. When you visit you will not participate in an entertainment-oriented exercise, but in a God-centered worship patterned after the truth and simplicity of New Testament worship (John 4:23). We strive to follow Paul's instruction, "And whatsoever ye do, in word or in deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him" (Colossians 3:17).
Therefore, when we assemble on the first day of the week, prayers of praise and adoration will be offered to God, as well as prayers of request (1 Corinthians 14:15). All are encouraged to sing songs of praise to God, that also encourage one another, as New Testament Christians did (Ephesians 5:19; Colossians 3:16). We participate in communion (eating the Lord's supper) as the early church did (Acts 20:7). Those who are members also contribute of their monetary means to support the work of the Lord (1 Corinthians 16:1-2). Non-members are not expected to give. The preacher will preach from God's word, as Paul did at the Troas church (Acts 20:7).
At the close of the sermon, the preacher will offer the opportunity for anyone to respond publicly who has a spiritual request, such as to be baptized or to have prayers of encouragement or forgiveness. Come join us for worship to God.
Come go with us, to heaven
What must I do to be saved? Of all the words we ever listened to, of all we ever want to be, will any of it matter if we aren't saved the New Testament way? No ifs, ands, or buts. Here it is straight from the New Testament. Check it out:
1. Hear (Romans 10:14)How then shall they call on Him in whom they have not believed? And how shall they believe in Him of whom they have not heard? And how shall they hear without a preacher? (NKJV)
2. Believe (Mark 16:16)He who believes and is baptized will be saved; but he who does not believe will be condemned (NKJV)
3. Repent (Acts 2:38)Then Peter said to them, "Repent, and let every one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit." (NKJV)
4. Confess (Acts 8:37)Then Philip said, "If you believe with all your heart, you may." And he answered and said, "I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God." (NKJV)
5. Get baptized (Mark 16:16, Acts 2:38)He who believes and is baptized will be saved; but he who does not believe will be condemned. (NKJV)
6. Sins washed away (now saved, forgiven) through baptism (Acts 22:16)And now why are you waiting? Arise and be baptized, and wash away your sins, calling on the name of the Lord. (NKJV)
That's Bible truth. After we heard it all and done it all, here is what really counts: (Ecclesiates 12:13-14).Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God and keep His commandments, For this is man's all. 14 For God will bring every work into judgment, Including every secret thing, Whether good or evil. (NKJV)
Sharing the Good News: Sharing and teaching the good news about Jesus the Christ through door-nocking campaigns, tracts, and pamphlets distribution. Look out. One may be in your mailbox or hanging on your door knob. Jesus makes the difference. Read all about Him.
Sharing in the Work: The Far East and Russia. Apologetics Press. In Search of the Lord's Way, Gospel Broadcast Network. Potter Children's Home. Shults Lewis Child & Family Services. Spanish Ministry -West End Church of Christ. Supporting and encouraging students at preacher training schools....